The Ronin 802 synthesizer and software tools are in constant development. We have shared as many aspects of this platform’s design as possible in order to offer a flexible tool set with the capacity to grow.
We would like to encourage users to contribute to this platform, by optimising it and offering potential upgrades and add-ons.
Not all changes to the Ronin 802 will be of benefit to the main direction of the platform. Some changes will be a departure from the Ronin’s current form – in this case we will endeavour to make these changes available as an alternative, rather than integrating them into the main form.
For those wishing to contribute to the Ronin 802 platform in its current capacity, this is a list of things that we intend the Ronin 802 to be:
- Low cost
- Compact and portable
- Stand alone
- Easily reconfigurable and reprogrammable
- Modular in design (both hardware and software)
- Primarily used as a synthesizer or effects unit
- Compatible with existing hardware and software tools (where appropriate)
- Compatible with all major computer systems
- Accessible for technologists, musicians and artists
- Open Source and free to develop
All contributions must be submitted in the same form or formats that the original designs are distributed in – unless alternative forms or formats are agreed on beforehand.
Contributions can be submitted through the Ronin project page on Sourceforge.net
All contributions to the Ronin 802 project must be shared under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.